A 26-year-old woman from Colorado was arrested and fined $500 after she damaged 7-Eleven microwave oven. According to the police report, the suspect was trying to heat a urine sample for a mandatory drug test.
7-Eleven Customer Said that the Urine Sample Was Fake
On Thursday, the Aurora Police Department arrested 26-year-old Angelique Sanchez and charged her with damaging property.
According to the authorities, earlier that day, Sanchez was scheduled to undergo several medical tests, including a urine screening. Upon being hired by a new company, Sanchez was compelled to take a drug test.
One of the screening’s requirements was that the sample to be at body temperature. Fearing that she could flunk the test, Sanchez got an early start and went to a local 7-Eleven store to find a way to pass the blood test.
After entering the store, the Colorado woman went straight to the food area in order to use a microwave oven. Sanchez placed the urine sample inside and switched on the device.
Several seconds later, the microwave oven blew up. A store employee who saw Sanchez using the oven walked up to her and demanded that she clean up her mess or else she calls the authorities.
Reportedly, the Colorado woman used a couple of wet wipes to clean the microwave on the inside. She left a couple of minutes later.
Meanwhile, the 7-Eleven store employee called the authorities to report the incident. Sanchez was later taken into custody and charged with damaging property.
When confronted about the incident, Sanchez told the investigators that the sample she placed inside was not real. However, the police officers told her that the food area reeked of urine even after she cleaned up.
Sanchez was released later that day. The woman now has to pay for the oven and probably find another job.
Image source: Pixabay
Latest posts by Deborah Campbell (see all)
- British Couple Sentenced to Life in Prison for Torturing and Murdering French Nanny - November 14, 2019
- New York Man Sentenced in Cyberstalking Former Girlfriend, Mailing Drugs to Her Dorm - November 14, 2019
- Florida Girl Bit Bitten by Female Tick Was No Longer Able to Move - November 14, 2019