A fair while has passed since GTA 5 came out and the game is so massive that even so many months in, we keep finding out new things and are still surprised by a thing or two every now and then. We have a short new list of even more GTA 5 secrets you may or may have not found yet.
GTA 5 Secrets: GTA & Other Video Game Series References
- The beating heart of the Happiness Island Statue of GTA IV makes a cameo in one of the movies you can go watch in the cinema;
- Ever checked the face that shows on the bank notes behind the counter in the Sandy Shores Darts bar?
- Sister boats: remember the Platypus boat from GTA IV? Its sister, the Octopus makes an appearance in GTA 5; they’re both Liberty City productions and the latter you can find on Elysian Island.
- Rockstar’s Manhunt Masks: There is an uncanny similarity between one of the masks sold and some that you can find in the Manhunter series.
- A very iconic phrase is sometimes uttered by Michael when he enters his house. The reason I say it is iconic is because in the GTA IV multiplayer modding community it became a trademark for all the people who didn’t use a save game and had to listen to it (it is the first thing that you hear when you start over) every single time they launched the game.
GTA 5 Secrets: The Sasquatch Peyote
The Sasquatch Peyote is a GTA 5 cosmetic item… so to say. It comes in the form of an odd cactus that, if collected, allows the player occupy the body of a Sasquatch for a limited amount of time and give them access to the model in the Director Mode actor menu, with no other functionality to speak of. Fun? Yes. Useful? Not really.
However, the reason the Sasquatch Peyote became such a controversial thing in terms of GTA 5 secrets was the very obscure and uncertain way in which a player could actually obtain the item. Even to this day we’re not sure how exactly you can get your hands on it, but the lucky ones who have found it so far have given us a list of factors that seem to be prerequisites of making it possible. Here’s what we have gathered so far:
- You need to have finished the game with 100% completion (it’s irrelevant whether each mission is completed in 100% or not as long as you’ve done every single main and side mission available).
- You need to have finished the mission called “The Last One” without killing the Sasquatch that appears at the end.
- It has to be a Tuesday, and only between 5 AM and 8 AM.
- You need to have collected all of the 27 peyote plants in the game prior to attempting to make the cactus spawn.
- Weather should be Foggy for the PC version and Snow for the Console (either Xbox or PS) of the GTA 5.
Be warned, however, a number of players have reported a bug that will not register you collecting the Sasquatch Peyote even if you have done that, thus having the entire chase turn out to be a disappointment. I wish you the best of luck in your search and may you be protected from the misfortune of said bug.
GTA 5 Secrets: The “Subtle” Altruists Website
Out of all the websites you can visit in game in GTA 5, there is one that most likely drew your attention but you may have not spent the time to actually decipher what it is all about. When you visit www.thealtruistunite.com, you are greeted by a few blocks of text written in bright colors in what seems to be Morse Code. They even made the effort of separating the words through slashes to make it easier for anyone willing to figure it out.
In case you’re not the biggest fan of spending too long of a time deciphering codes, we took the liberty of doing it for you. The website reads the following:
First paragraph: The industrial revolution has been a disaster to the stability of the human race.
Second paragraph: Almost all would agree that continued focus on the superiority of the sub 40 younger generaiton will result in the catastrophic and tragic end to our civilization.
Third paragraph: Man is a nocturnal animal by nature.
Fourth paragraph: Those who exist in the industrial-technological society, bathing in sunlight and electronics suffer from psychological problems.
Fifth paragraph: Hypervitaminosis D causes abnormally high concentrations of calcium, which can cause harm to the heart, kidneys and bones. Toxic concentrations are a direct result of exposure to the sun.
Sixth paragraph: Crowding causes stress and aggression.
Seventh paragraph: Primitive societies, ones where clothes and tools of the industrial revolution were not needed provided a stable framework for the function of society.
Eighth paragraph: One cannot complain about the decay of traditional values yet embrace technology.
Ninth paragraph: A man as an individual, working with an autonomous group of individuals, all of whom are naked in spirit and in the cloth, remains healthy to himself and others.
Tenth paragraph: Sub 40s only exist as subsistence to the altruistic man and gains life from consuming them.
Eleventh paragraph: Ban clothes. Ban lies. Ban deceit. Eat of the flesh. Drink of the blood. We shall be free once more. Because we know. Altruism. The greatest good, for the greatest generation. We shall boom again.
While my first reaction at this point of our GTA 5 secrets list was to chuckle to myself at the “so difficult” to uncover mystery, I had to admit that the hidden messages got really dark, really fast. Not to mention that I’m certain that was there someone who really put time into it, they would find more symbolic clues and secrets tucked in that. Not to mention that it’s 11 strings of text. I’m sure that means something too.
The team at AFP thought that it was time for an update to the GTA 5: Secrets Worth Knowing article. Easter eggs, references to movies, and pop-culture, aliens and UFOs, secret vehicle locations, and websites that you can go on.
Oh, and I almost forgot – we also have cheats!
GTA 5 Secrets: Easter Eggs
- Paranormal Easter Eggs
You can find a whale skeleton, the Ghost of Mount Gordo, BigFoot, and even a zombie.
– Whale Skeleton
You can find the bones if you go on the west coast of San Andreas, south of Chumash. Submerse yourself underwater, and do a search in the area that is shown in the picture below. I would love a PC mode that would bring it back to life to terrorize San Andreas.
– The Ghost of Mount Gordo
Well, this Easter Egg is quite uhm, shocking to say the least. There’s a good reason it made it to the top of the GTA 5 Secrets list. The ghost only comes out at night between 23:00 and 00:00, and only on Mount Gordo – north of the lighthouse.
As soon as you approach her, the ghost will disappear, and you’ll have to wait for another day to meet her again.
If you look carefully, next to the ghost, on the ground, written in blood, there’s the name Jock. It rings a bell doesn’t it? Well, the first time Trevor meets Nigel he mistakes him for Jock Cranley, a famous stunt man that is currently running for Governor of San Andreas.
Following the line of Letter Scraps collectibles, you can search the Internet for Who Killed Lenora Johnson, and you’ll unravel the killing. There’s an article that states that the former stunt man, now wannabe politician, pushed his wife Lenora off the cliff.
Check the map below for the exact location.
– Big Foot
If you can’t find him in real-life, who says you can’t find him in the game? Now, there isn’t an exact location where you can find him, because it seems that he only appears during the Predator Mission. When you switch your scope to Infra-Red, pay attention what’s hiding behind the trees.
Those who finish the game and reach 100% completion will be awarded with a special mission that task the player to hunt and kill BigFoot.
– The Lovable Zombie
Go to Vinewood hills, near the Cinema, and look for someone that looks beaten-up, drugged, and swaying all over the place. No, it’s not Macaulay Caulkin, it’s just an ordinary zombie – I know, they are easily confused.
But here’s why we added this to our GTA 5 secrets list. You can even have a conversation with him – it turns out that zombies are just nice guys. Who would’ve thought?
If you want to photograph him and send the image to your buddies you need to cough up $10 – a zombie has to make a living somehow, right?
Ow, and be careful with stun guns near him – he is extremely vulnerable to them.
- Other cool Easter Eggs
– The Playboy Mansion
It’s like the developers went to Hugh Hefner’s crib for a huge party every weekend for a year, and after that they made an almost perfect replica in-game. I said almost, because you can’t see the sorrow and despair, and you can’t even smell the wrong decisions that were made in that villa. You can find the Mansion in Vinewood hills.
– The Face of Mount Chilliad
It’s definitely one of the developers, or someone a developer hates.
GTA 5 Secrets: References to Movies, Music and Games – Basically Pop-Culture
Our list of GTA 5 Secrets continues with our very own extensive collection of more or less obscure references to popular facts from a wide variety of sources.
- You can hear Trevor occasionally shout Ten Points when he beats civilians to the pulp – it was the original scoring system in Grand Theft Auto.
- CJ, the main protagonist of GTA: San Andreas, can be seen in the hood riding a dirt bike, and chasing a train – God, I hate that mission. Also, music by two of the characters from GTA: San Andreas, can be found in Franklin’s room – when he was still living with his dear aunt.
- In Red Dead Redemption, Marton’s son, Jack, mentioned that he was going to write a book about his father’s adventures, and the perils of the wild west. The Read Dead book can be seen in Franklin’s bookshelf, once you unlock his sweet villa in the hills. Some of the commercials that you’ve seen on TV used in-game footage from Rockstar’s cowboy game – the Piswasser commercial portrays McFarlne’s ranch perfectly. You can find John Marston’s farm if you go south of the penitentiary.
- Rockstar’s unreleased game Agent has a cameo – a license plate with the tag 463NT can be seen on an old-timey car. So keep your eyes peeled! You never know when one of the GTA 5 secrets actually turns into a suggestion of what is to come.
- The Max Payne reference is the biggest one of them all. Michael looks exactly like Payne when wearing a grey suit, and pair that with a scruffy looking beard, and presto, they’re the same person. Also, both of the characters have the ability to slow down time.
- There is even a Dark Souls reference. When Michael is doing Yoga with his wife, you can hear Praise the Sun – a direct reference to Knight Solaire and the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant. In Dark Souls, Praise the Sun is an emote you can do. Although, if I were you, I would be more careful on keeping myself alive than taunting creatures from the Abyss using emotes.
- One of the funniest references has to be the Turtle Kid one. There are random NPCs scattered across the city that quietly say “I Like Turtles”.
- You’ve probably guessed this one. The Breaking Bad reference when the players are being re-introduced to Trevor. The unstable sociopath makes a remark to those who cook meth in motor homes.
- One of my favourites is the Community reference – the TV show created by Dan Harmon, that revolves the idea of students, of various ages, forming a study-group at one of the worst community colleges on Earth. In the Strangers and Freaks Target Practice mission, one of the objectives is titled Pop! Pop! – Magnitude’s catchphrase in the TV show.
- Ryan Gosling’s iconic jacket from Drive appears in GTA V. Well, somehow distorted. You can find it at the Discount Clothing Store in Grapeseed, located at the back left corner of the store. No, it’s not a yellow scorpion. It keeps the colour, but changes the insect, into a crustacean – a crab!
- The dude abides. In this case, Trevor is the dude. Occasionally you can hear him say You’re out of your element to his victims – it’s a famous line from The Big Lebowski.
- The challenge Under the Bridge that tasks the player to go under all of the bridges in Los Santos is a direct reference to Red Hot Chili Pepper’s song called Under the Bridge. A track about the city of Los Angeles, and how heroin addicts gathered under bridges – the only place that felt safe. Well, Trevor is constantly on something, so it makes a perfect reference – more so, the first time you have the chance of flying under a bridge is with Trevor.
- Clap Trap from the famous Borderlands franchise can be found in the city, but a little bit changed I’m afraid. A shell of his former self, Clap Trap is now a trash bin.
- Adventure Time doesn’t shy away from a reference either. While listening to the radio, one of the news segments on Weasel News talks about how people are cosplaying, and one of the show’s host calls a costume Princess Robot Bubblegum. Anyone can find something familiar in between all of these GTA 5 secrets.
- The 3 monkeys’ of Gandhi reference can be seen during the mission Blitz Play when at one point during the cut-scene Michael, Franklin, and Trevor cover their ears, mouth and eyes respectively.
- The Twin Peaks reference can be seen in Tongva Valley, where there resides an owl statue which has a sign that says TWO HOOTS FALLS. It’s an homage to the mysterious owl in the series, and also the water fall is the one seen in the intro for the TV show.
GTA 5 Secrets: Aliens and UFO’s
What kind of GTA 5 secrets list would this have been without some extraterrestrial action? Alien symbols, UFOs flying cautiously in our sky, and kidnapping innocent Los Santos citizens, strange codes, and a mystery that just frustrates players.
There are so many mysteries that yet remain unanswered in the game – perhaps a DLC may enlighten us, but until then, let’s speculate and debate on all of these GTA 5 secrets!
Take a look at that YouTube clip first, and then let’s talk alien-stuff.
So, once you finish the game, and have a completion percentage of 100%, UFOs can be randomly, and not so randomly, seen in the city. Since its release, dedicated players have tasked themselves to find out the truth, because the truth is out there. Online communities haven been filled with players swapping notes, coordinates, and info regarding glyphs, symbols, and the occurrence rate of flying saucers.
Reddit members have been hard at work unravelling, or at least trying to unravel, the alien GTA 5 secrets.
You can start your search by going to Mount Chiliad – at the very top of it lays an abandoned Cable Car station, and on one of its walls there are these symbols.
On the back platform you can read Come back when your story is complete.
With the PC release, mystery detectives on Reddit have paired their powers with the modding community, and spawned themselves under the map. They’ve even discovered a way to get inside a flying saucer, that leads to a portal of sorts – maybe hidden content that would be available sometime in the near future.
Kudos to Redditor TMBSTruth, we have a detailed map to the locations of hidden chambers.
As of 14.05.2015 there have been 4 UFO sightings in Los Santos – the 100% sure sighting is located atop Mount Chiliad, while raining, and the clock hits 3.00 AM. Just as a reminder, you need to have a 100% completion percentage in order to see the mysterious space ship. This one remains one of the most baffling GTA 5 secrets as of right now.
Also, there’s this underwater UFO that can be explored – it’s a little bit tricky getting to it, but you’ll manage if you pay attention to the clip.
GTA 5 Secrets: Secret Vehicle Locations
You can unlock a ton of vehicles, but first off, you need to know where they at. Here’s a list with the rarest toys. Not so much part of the GTA 5 secrets but still a helpful hand if you’re looking to grab them all.
- Nagasaki Blazer – Sandy Shores
- Tractor Utility – Light house over some water, there is a house out the front is a small tree
- Sand King – Vespucci Beach
- Space Docker – Can only be found as Franklin in Sandy Shores
- Submersible Mini Sub – It’s free with a dock purchase
- P-996 Lazer Fighter Jet – Fort Zancudo
- Park Ranger SUV– Near Bolingbroke Penitentiary
- FIB Buffalo – Can be found in Grand Senora Desert at around 10:00 AM
- FIB SUV – Can be found in Grand Senora Desert at around 10:00 AM
GTA 5 Secrets: All the Websites
There is an undoubtedly satisfying feeling when you revel into the extents that a game has gone to truly make it an amazing experience. Once again, not necessarily GTA 5 secrets, but here’s a complete list of all the websites you can access in game.
GTA 5 Secrets: Cell Phone Cheats – Just punch in the number
How does one enter cheat codes? Well, back in the day we had to enter the console command screen, which was usually prompted by the ~ symbol, but now games make it easier for you to cheat them. In GTA 5 you can enter cheat codes by getting your phone out, or the old fashioned way. Here’s to hoping that you only use cheats to uncover the unsolvable GTA 5 secrets and not anything else.
Flaming Bullets – 1-999-462-363-4279 (INCENDIARY)
Explosive Melee – 1-999-4684-2637 (HOTHANDS)
Give Parachute – 1-999-759-3483 (SKYDIVE)
Moon Gravity – 1-999-356-2837 (FLOATER)
Drunk Mode – 1-999-547-861 (LIQUOR)
Recharge Ability – 1-999-769-3787 (POWERUP)
Slow Motion – 1-999-756-966 (SLOWMO)
Skyfall – 1-999-759-3255 (SKYFALL)
Spawn BMX – 1-999-226-348 (BANDIT)
Spawn Comet – 1-999-266-38 (COMET)
Spawn PCJ-600 Motorcycle – 1-999-762-538 (ROCKET)
Spawn Sanchez Dirt Bike – 1-999-633-7623 (OFFROAD)
Spawn Rapid GT – 1-999-727-4348 (RAPIDGT)
Spawn Limo – 1-999-846-39663 (VINEWOOD)
Spawn Trashmaster – 1-999-872-433 (TRASHED)
Spawn Buzzard Helicopter – 1-999-289-9633 (BUZZOFF)
Spawn Stunt Plane – 1-999-2276-78676 (BARNSTORM)
Invincibility – 1-999-724-4654-5537 (PAINKILLER)
Slow Down Gameplay – 1-999-7569-66 (SLOW-MO)
Max Health & Armor – 1-999-887-853 (TURTLE)
Fast Run – 1-999-228-8463 (CATCHME)
Raise Wanted Level – 999-3844-8483 (FUGITIVE)
Change Weather – 1-999-625-348-7246 (MAKEITRAIN)
Slippery Cars (Drifting) – 1-999-766-9329 (SNOWDAY)
Or you can just enter the code in the brackets in the console command and get the cheat effect.
These are all of the GTA 5 secrets that we found. If you know something that isn’t in our list, please tell us in the comments section below!
GTA 5 Secrets: What is left in the pool
GTA 5 secrets aren’t often leaked, therefore we’ve gathered some very interesting and convincing secrets of the new GTA 5 that is effective for all types of consoles.
- Shark Attack: If you swim around in the ocean for long enough eventually a shark will begin circling you and finally start attacking you. If the shark kills you an achievement is unlocked.
- Cheaper Weapons: Completing all the Ammu-Nation gun store challenges will give you discounts on all weapons and upgrades. For all bronze medals you get 10% off, for all silver medals unlocked you get 15% off, and for all gold medals unlocked you get 25% off.
- A Mysterious figure: A Yeti is somewhere out in the woods, and can be spotted in a certain mission. Seems that real life mysteries and stories that have excited humanity over time turn into GTA 5 secrets too!
- The Mansion: There is a complete exact replica of the Playboy mansion in Vine wood.
- Gang Warfare: If you attack any gang members on grove street the entire street will get aggressive and they will all attack you.
- The Shrink: Michael will talk about things that have just happened in the game to his psychiatrist, he’ll even mention that he killed someone on the way over if you hit a pedestrian with your car right before visiting.
- No Stalking: If you follow any of the main characters (Trevor, Michael, and Franklin) for long enough they will eventually get angry and try to attack you.
- They Will Bill You: If you try to kill any of the main characters or side characters they will simply go to the hospital and charge you for their bill.
- Saving Each Other: If you shoot a police officer in the leg during a gunfight another officer will attempt to drag him behind cover so that he’s safer.
- Road Rage: You can flip off over drivers while in a car by switching to the “unarmed” weapon and “firing”, the characters will sometimes swear while doing this.
- Bad Radio: If you try listening to certain radio stations as Trevor, he’ll get angry and change the station on his own.
- Attention Grabber: Doing donuts or burning rubber (or doing other attention worthy things) will have NPCs pull out their cell phones and start filming you.
- The Space Car: If you collect all the missing space ship parts a special secret dune buggy unlocks. It’s called the space docker and even comes with its own sound effects.
- Mid Robbery: It’s possible to walk in on an NPC robbing a store, they usually take all the money from the register, and you can stop them by attacking them.
- Inner Thoughts: If you smoke weed as Franklin he will slowly begin talking about himself and his worries.
- Hunt Him Down: Once you’ve completed the game 100% it’s possible to go hunt down big foot in a special mission.
- Failure is an Option: If you fail a mission and replay it, different dialogue might play, this keeps the game fresh even if you need to keep replaying a mission or two.
- Hidden Alien UFO: There is a sunken alien spaceship off the northern coast of Los Santos; you can visit it by diving down with a scuba suit.
- Master Chief Look-a-like: There is a guy that looks just like Master chief from Halo walking around Vinewood hills.
- A Useless Tattoo: Trevor has a RIP Michael tattoo on his left arm.
- No Tipping: Street performers will get angry if you try taking a photo of them with your cell phone with out tipping.
- Become a Regular: If you constantly keep robbing the same shop over and over eventually the store owner will recognize you and next time the police will be waiting for you.
- Bad Drivers: Some NPCs will try to parallel park and some of them will be very bad at it with lots of constant adjusting and back and forth.
- Amusement Park: You can ride the roller-coaster and Ferris wheel on the pier. You can sit through the whole ride or you can skip to the end.
- Realistic Birds: Birds can be sucked through the engine of a plane while flying. They can also be hit by any other part of the plane and killed.
- Tricking Out Your Ride: If you spend a ton of money on your car random NPC will stop to look at it and even take photos and comment on it while you drive by.
- Watchable Movies: You can watch entire (short) movies at the cinema; there is even a toy story parody among other weirder movies.
- Empty the Tank: Shooting a cars gas tank will dump out a line of fuel, you can shoot this line to start a fire or you can wait for the tank to empty and then the car will actually not drive as it’s out of fuel. Maybe we should call it realism instead of part of GTA 5 secrets.
- The Vinewood Tour: There is a Vinewood tour bus that you can get one, the ride will take you through all of Vinewood and is fully voiced with an actual tour-taking place.
- A Ghost: You can spot a ghost up by the northern mountain “The Gordo” near the lighthouse. The ghost is only visible between the hours of 23:00 and 0:00. AS soon as you walk up the ghost she will disappear.
- Knock Someone Down: If someone is sitting in a chair you can strategically kick the chair out from under them, this will have them fall to the floor.
- Lose Your Cell Signal: You will actually lose your GPS signal while going through tunnels, which is why your route disappears from the map for a few seconds.
- Realistic Hair: If you keep your characters without a beard or bald, they will eventually grow in stubble.
- An Undead Person: There is a zombie (An actor acting as a zombie) living out by the cinema in Vinewood hills, he’s mindless walking around and will even talk to you.
- An Extraterrestrial Visit: After 100% completing the game, its possible to find a flying spaceship by standing on top of the games tallest mountain during a thunderstorm!
- Lester’s Hobbies: Lester’s house is filled with mint and in the box action figures.
- A Dirty Car: The more that you drive a car off road, the dirtier they will get, eventually NPCs will start telling you how dirty your car is.
- The Serial Killer: There is a serial killer in the game obsessed with the number 8. His markings can be found all around the Sandy Shores National Park.
- Different Starting Dialogue: When playing multiple people missions, whoever you start the mission as will actually change the starting dialogue depending on whom you are playing as.
- Older and Worse Cars: Older cars will take longer to start up and their brakes can be squeaky.
- Random Street Races: If you pull up to a red light next in a sports car next to another sports car and rev your engine the other car will actually burn out and start racing you! We need more of these types of GTA 5 secrets for sure.
- Realistic Sweat: The characters will actually get sweaty through their cloths if you make them exercise for a while.
- Angry Cab Riders: If you steal a cab from someone else who was trying to get one too, they will shout at you and they might even start a fight.
- Moon Phases: The moon changes phases (full moon, half moon, etc.) over the course of an in game month and that will actually affect the amount of light there is at night.
- Creepin’ With the Camera: If you try taking a photo of any of the topless women at some parties with your cell phone camera, they will call you a creeper and their boyfriends/husbands will start fighting you.
- Don’t Steal My Car: If you take Michaels car as one of the other characters he’ll call you and yell at you for stealing his car.
- Bruised Up: After getting killed and getting out of the hospital the characters will still have cuts and bruises on them.